Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mahmoud, 14, arrested , detained and ordered to stay away from his home for a month after release


Mahmoud Gheith, 14, was arrested under similar circumstances in November 2009. He told B'Tselem that he was released from detention with a restraining order requiring him to stay away from his house for one month.
"Since the arrest, I haven’t been able to sleep properly. I keep being afraid that they’ll arrest me again.

After they released me, I was under house arrest at my uncle’s house in Beit Hanina. They ordered me to stay away from home for a whole month. On the ‘Eid al-Adha festival, they let me go home to Silwan for four days. My uncle had to drive me to school in Silwan. On days when he couldn’t take me, I didn’t go to school."

No comments:

Post a Comment