Friday, October 26, 2012

"I want to travel without passport"


This is a magnificent poem--an anthem, really--by Indian poet, Musab Iqbal, to the right of every human being to travel where they want on this planet for whatever reason without impediment & with "wings of hope."

I want to travel
I want to travel without passport
Without the papers being stamped
Without luggage, without tickets
I want the bond of strangeness
To travel with me, travel till end.

I want to bring
The dreams of all Dervesh to be true
I don’t want them to crucified by cruel wires
I don’t want them to be stranded at Athens airport
I don’t want them to be quizzed by check posts.
I don’t want the colors of passport to bear justice

I want to travel
With my wings of hope
Covering the bloody sky of tyranny
Which holds fractured stars and dead moon.
And my head high high in the air
Where there is no line except of infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment