According to Channel 4’s official pre-publicity, “despite wielding great influence among the highest realms of British politics and media, little is known about the individuals and groups” who work “in support of the interests of the state of Israel”.
They wield great influence in support of Israel
It says that Mr Oborne “sets out to establish who they are, how they are funded, how they work and what influence they have, from the key groups to the wealthy individuals who help bankroll the lobbying.
----------
Needless to say that the usual suspects are FUMING..
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I suspect that we'll soon be hearing from Tony Blair [pauses to expectorate] that Channel4 is a terrorist organisation. Our Tone sees terrorists everywhere these days.
ReplyDelete<span><span>I don't think Tony will do anything of the sort. Have you forgotten? Channel 4 was also responsible for Undercover Mosque. Surely, Channel 4 can't be terrorist because..... it is Islamophobic!
ReplyDeleteThe hard-hitting documentary strand has been responsible for such programmes as Undercover Mosque two years ago, which included covert filming of Islamist extremists preaching in British mosques</span></span>
I stand corrected, vza. By the way, the right wing press here calls it the porn channel.
ReplyDeleteYes but it was still attacked by some Jewish leaders. I saw a couple of articles. I need tio find the link. As it seems the good they did with undercover mosque does not cover or extend to what they're doing now with this probe.
ReplyDeleteYou know, thinking about this Undercover Mosques business I seem to recall that Channel 4 got its fingers burnt with that programme. They admitted to using some dodgy characters, not regular journalists, to gather the evidence. Some of it was later found to have been planted. I'm not clear about all of this, but I'm sure that there'll be more on the net somewhere.
ReplyDeleteNone of which negates vza's correction.
<span><span>
ReplyDelete<span style="cursor: pointer;"></span>
<span>No, Jemmy they were accused of all sorts of nonsense including inciting hatred! NONE of the allegations were proved true. Channel 4 has since made another documentary called, Undercover Mosque: The Return
On 15 May 2008 when the matter came to the High Court, West Midlands Police and the Crown Prosecution Service apologised to the makers of the documentary for accusing them of distortion and agreed to a payment of £100,000. The statement, released to the media by West Midlands Police, after the High Court hearing, said they now accepted there had been no evidence that Channel 4 or the documentary makers had "misled the audience or that the programme was likely to encourage or incite criminal activity".
It added that the Ofcom report showed the documentary had "accurately represented the material it had gathered and dealt with the subject matter responsibly and in context". The police statement concluded: "We accept, without reservation, the conclusions of Ofcom and apologise to the programme makers for the damage and distress caused by our original press release." The same statement was later posted on the Crown Prosecution Service website.
Kevin Sutcliffe, deputy head of current affairs at Channel 4, said the apology was a vindication of the programme team in exposing extreme views. "Channel 4 was fully aware of the sensitivities surrounding the subject matter but recognised the programme's findings were clearly a matter of important public interest. "The authorities should be doing all they can to encourage investigations like this, not attempting to publicly rubbish them for reasons they have never properly explained," he said. Channel 4 boss Julian Bellamy said they had had no choice but to pursue action when the police and CPS refused to withdraw their remarks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_Mosque</span></span></span>