Friday, May 22, 2009

Fear of prosecution caused Cheney to speak out, daughter says

Vice President Dick Cheney decided to speak out after learning that President Barack Obama might open prosecutions of former Bush Administration officials, his daughter disclosed Thursday.
“He certainly did not plan when he left office to be doing this,” Cheney’s daughter said. “But I think as we watched in those very first days and weeks after President Obama came into office when he released the memos that lay out for the terrorists — the techniques we used to question them. Then when he suggested in the Oval Office itself that he would be open to the prosecution of former Bush administration officials including many who weren’t political appointees potentially, you know really, I think, made my dad realize this was just fundamentally wrong. We had to speak out.”

3 comments:

  1. If they successfully prosecute Cheney, I'll become a neoconservative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and I'll devote the rest of my life to prayer and good works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Bush as well ..or am I being a la anand ?

    ReplyDelete