Monday, June 13, 2011

From the Angry Arab: Not all uprisings are alike

I don't support all uprisings and I don't support all movements against dictatorships. Don't get me wrong: I want an end to all dictatorships (Arab or Iranian) but I don't necessarily associate with or endorse the dominant opposition movements. Some opposition movements guarantee that the future government will be as lousy as the current dictatorships. The Libyan Tansitional Council, the Green Revolution, the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood (and its lousy affiliates like Rif`at or Khaddam or Humsi or the various liberals in DC) all are part of the Saudi-Qatari-sponsored Counter-revolution and should be fought early on. I worry that any support for the brothers by leftists would repeat the tragic blunders of Tudeh when they supported Khumeini. Supporting a true revolution require that we should speak out against opposition movements and trends that sabotage real revolution.
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment