Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Palestinian girl walks in an alley in the Silwan neighborhood of east Jerusalem, Saturday, April 11, 2009. Eighty-eight homes in the Silwan neighborhood are slated for demolition by the Israeli government who says that they were built illegally. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A pro- Palestinians painting, painted by a Palestinian artist is seen next to the rubble of a Palestinian house that was demolished by the Israeli government last November during a demonstration against house demolitions in the Silwan neighborhood of east Jerusalem, Saturday, April 11, 2009. Eighty-eight homes in the Silwan neighborhood are slated for demolition by the Israeli government who says that they were built illegally.
(AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A painting depicts a Palestinian woman protecting her child, painted by a Palestinian artist is left by demonstrators on the rubble of a Palestinian house was demolished by the Israeli government last November is seen, during a demonstration against house demolishing in the Silwan neighborhood of east Jerusalem, Saturday, April 11, 2009. Eighty-eight homes in the Silwan neighborhood are slated for demolition by the Israeli government who says that they were built illegally. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A Palestinian youth waves the Palestinian flag while standing on the rubble of a Palestinian house which was demolished by the Israeli government last November, during a demonstration against house demolishing in the Silwan neighborhood of east Jerusalem, Saturday, April 11, 2009. Eighty-eight homes in the Silwan neighborhood are slated for demolition by the Israeli government who says that they were built illegally.
(AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)


14 comments:

  1. Saif please don't take this the wrong way because I know these pictures are harrowing and that they are depicting something unreal and unnatural that no civilized person should be forced to deal with...

    That being said, I thought these pictures did a good job capturing the Palestinian spirit which is beautiful and full of resistance even under the most disgusting conditions.

    All that I can say to you is long live Palestinian and may your people be freed from this Israeli apartheid slavery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, dont you want a name?
    I agree that those pics are beautiful I thought I would give them to Molly to make up for the more ugly pictures posted below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we having too many posts? Where on earth can one find the time to read all this? They're great and informative material and I would like to go through with them but I can't!... Saif?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tgia:

    Maybe a good way to have all the latest news about the Mideast while preserving the continuity of the blog would be to have a Twitter account where the owners of the blog can post appropriate links with short-actually very short comments. I think there is actually a widget where the latest twitter posts(I refuse to say "tweets")will appear on this page. The blog itself would be reserved for important stories and in depth commentary. I also think there should be a thread reserved for general discussion. I'm saying this because I like Saif's posts, but I also see your point. Anyway, that's my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. joe
    I really like and appreciate Saif's posts. They're a source of invaluable information. What I see as a problem is that personally I can't keep up with the numbers. A second point is that they are posted in(almost)full instead of short paragraphs with a link to the original source. A third point is that commenters(or is it commentators, I never really knew) can't settle in one place to discuss issues as we all like to do. Posts where discussions are conducted are quickly overwhelmed by numerous new posts.
    Joe
    An excellent point about the twitter briefs. We should look into that. As for reserving a post for discussion,generally speaking the top one is the one but it's impossible to do now because the top one rarely stays long at the top.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an excellent, idea, Joe. Thank you Saif, but it still makes me sad to see a girl walking in an alley like that. Still much better than the ones below, however. Btw, I asked you on a previous thread how old your kids were...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I use twitter for close fast communication. It is a good service. However, I don't use it like some - "I am getting up, I am at school, I am jogging, I just fed the dog" etc. However, for specific targeted communication, especially when you are connected to a large group of people, it keeps you on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never used it but I still get emails telling me people are following me on it. I must have joined it once, but why are they following me if I don't use it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly, it probably means they are stopping by to see if you made some more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I never made a post in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly:

    What it is I think is that people who have twitter accounts are inviting you to join.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But it is people I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They probably know you from this blog and your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok well I will try to control the frequency of posts but I might not be able to control myself to post the things that I think are important!

    ReplyDelete