Friday, July 30, 2010

It may be "cat's" crap but it's the world's most expensive coffee and now it's halal too


Indonesia's top religious body has declared a premium coffee made from civet cat droppings fit for Muslims to drink.

The proclamation has brought relief to farmers who can now continue exporting Kopi Luwak, the world's most expensive coffee.
----------------------------
The first time I've heard of Kopi Luwak, was 4 years ago as one Sydney coffee maker was advertising it. A kilo is around 400 dollars US.

11 comments:

  1. And that's no bull...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there's a well-known coffee vendor (*$$) who already markets cat-piss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But he's not doing all that well, is he? ..I used to see many of them around here in Sydney but to my knowlege,  there's only one Starbucks left

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you around Abu Zuhair..and that's no bull either.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks TG for you kind words 

    ReplyDelete
  6. News that gives me pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat produces about $400 worth of crap a day. I'm a rich man and don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...also, I can't help wondering how they discovered that you could boil cat shit and drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought people who sat around cafes all day, talk, and drink coffee were full of shit. This confirms it,

    ...that's the last one. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joe,
    The process is not what you're thinking..The Civet cats are fed coffee grains first and after excretion the grains are collected, washed and processed..So basically what you're drinking is nothing but coffee which sejourned in a cat's guts for sometime and gained a specific aroma and flavor....

    ReplyDelete
  11. <span>..that's the last one. I promise.</span>

    I hope not! We missed you around here..

    ReplyDelete