Saturday, January 1, 2011

I read the news today oh boy: American Jews are abandoning Zionism in droves (Philip Weiss)

I need to register my belief that something huge is taking place right now in American Jewish life; and the lobby, the special relationship, and the alleged two-state solution will never be the same. I feel it; and I know it. The evidence is Marty Peretz's flight to Israel and David Remnick's apostasy in the Israeli press and Jeffrey Goldberg's confession at his site that he likes a multicultural Jerusalem and that Israel is in danger of stopping being a democracy. The evidence are all the thank-you's I've gotten from Jewish donors to this site, a site that was once beyond the pale in mainstream Jewish life; I feel less guilty than I ever have about my work.
Read more-Mondoweiss

No comments:

Post a Comment