Monday, July 26, 2010

Jethro Tull will not cancel concert but will donate proceeds to charities

"We will not be pressured into cancelling our scheduled Israel concert, Ian Anderson, of the famed British rock group Jethro Tull said in a statement recently published in the band's official website, saying that the proceeds of the upcoming show would be transferred to charities advancing co-existence between Arabs, Jews, and Christians.

Read more

--------------

Hmm, dude..Maybe you wanted to say, 'Muslims, Jews and Christians', because Arabs can be Christians too.

3 comments:

  1. Strange how the entertainers I can't stand are lining up to show their support for the rogue state. Only Bono has jumped ship and come out on the right side. Doesn't mean I have to like him though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even remember when last I heard Jethro Tull. Must have been in my infancy years..Is he as big in the UK as he used to be then? ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say, musically, he's a forgotten man in the UK. I imagine Jethro Tull is one of those outfits that can do a nostalgia tour of the US and rake in the coin. Ian Anderson, last time I heard, was running a salmon farm somewhere in Scotaland, and was a member of the Scottish National Party, whose declared policy is support for the Palestinian people. I suspct Anderson is an example of the species identified as "Tartan Tory". 

    ReplyDelete