Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Udi Aloni to judge Goldstone: Don't tell me Israeli apartheid doesn't exist. My father implemented agrarian apartheid policies long before 1967

Judge Goldstone’s offensive apology for apartheid
Richard Goldstone on Israel and apartheid

Richard Goldstone on Israel and apartheid

I write as an Israeli Jew who was brought up and molded at the very center of secular, Zionist Israel. My parents, Reuven and Shulamit Aloni, exemplify everything that is good and just about Israel for humanistic Jews like Judge Richard Goldstone, the noted South African jurist, who in a recent New York Times Op-Ed, denied the practice of apartheid in Israel.

My mother founded the Civil Rights Movement in Israel, was a member of the Knesset and a Minister of Education in Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin’s cabinet. She fought for equal rights for women, gays and lesbians, and, of course, Palestinian Arabs too. My father helped create the Israel Land Administration and managed all government lands.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment