Thursday, September 10, 2009

On Jane Fonda and Israel from the Angry Arab

Jane Fonda loves Israeli wars, she swears
"I have been to Israel many times. The first was in the early 1980s and it was love at first sight…for the country and for its people. I stayed in a Kibbutz with the great Israeli novelist, Amos Oz, and his family. I raised money for a senior center in Haifa, for a girl’s shelter in Jerusalem. I have spoken at the Hebrew University. I traveled into Lebanon with the Israeli army in 1981." It was 1982, you foreign policy expert. At least get your facts straight when you express your love for Israeli wars.

3 comments:

  1. I have been to Israel several times.  (well, occupied East Jerusalem actually) The first was early last month and it was disgust at first sight ... for the country and its assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It says that Rabbi Hier at the Simon Wiesenthal Center (he and I were friends—I thought) claims I support the destruction of Israel because I signed (along with many other artists, historians, including eight Israelis, mostly filmmakers) a petition protesting the Toronto International Film Festival’s decision to feature a celebratory “spotlight” on Tel Aviv. We understand that by doing this the festival has become, whether knowingly or not,  a participant in a cynical PR campaign to improve Israel’s image, make her appear less war-like."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Fonda has had to play it safe ever since she was photographed behind a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun 40 years ago. That's why the issue she is most identified with post-Viet Nam is women's fitness-I just had a thought: maybe someone should inform her how hard it is for Palestinian women to exercise during a curfew.

    ReplyDelete