Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why Israel Wants to Attack Iran's nuclear capabilities..

Andrew Sullivan-The Atlantic
The Jewish state seemingly wants to keep the nuclear monopoly in the Mideast so it can occupy the West Bank indefinitely
"I guess what I'm saying is that I do not fully buy the rational argument of the existential threat some Israelis say they fear from Iran (although I sympathize with the emotional reality of this fear, in the light of history); I think it can sometimes serve even as an excuse to delay actually coming to a decision on the West Bank, and a misguided means to maintain a nuclear monopoly that is in the long run untenable and destabilizing anyway. Moreover, I think Netanyahu simply thinks he can wait out Obama and get a Republican US president prepared to enable Israel in its doomed occupation (past the point of no return) and eager to bomb Iran as some kind of global power-move."
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment