Friday, January 17, 2014

Help overturn my deportation and 10-year ban from Israel

20140116105655-1497211_10153695353845133_133725569_n
 Hi, I'm Gary. I am a 23 year old student and long-standing activist for human rights in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
 On the 9th of January 2014 I was traveling to Israel for a 9-day visit to engage with Palestinian and Israeli human rights groups and some key sector organizations within the Israeli and Palestinian peace movement. The purpose of my visit was to engage with the civil society of both communities, meet with Palestinian and Israeli activists and officials in the hope of discussing a variety of projects, with a particular emphasis on Northern Ireland’s transition from armed conflict to political process.

Unfortunately Israeli immigration officials put me through a horrendous ordeal which ended in my deportation and landed me with a 10-year ban from the country.

After taking advice and seeing the public support for my case I have subsequently decided to take legal action through the Israeli courts in order to seek some justice by getting the deportation and ban over turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment