Friday, January 17, 2014

AIPAC Struggling As Media Starts Reporting: M.J Rosenberg

"A lobby is a night flower. It thrives in the dark and dies in the sun."
 "Exposure is never good news for the lobby, which is why it operates behind closed doors. And successfully.  It has managed to create a situation where any American can say or write anything about the United States and its leaders but not about Israel. You won't lose your job if you write that President Obama was born in Kenya or is a secret terrorist, but suggest that Netanyahu is a stinker and you are in serious trouble. This is perverse.
 Back in September 1982, I began a four year stint as a senior staffer at AIPAC. My  politics have obviously evolved since then. I left that job still in synch with AIPAC's worldview and on good terms with the place. In fact, I continued fundraising for the organization after I left. I didn't come around to seeing AIPAC as an enemy of peace until years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment