Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dispossession and genocide are much larger and serious crimes than "terrorism". 800,000 Palestinians were dispossessed from their homeland in 1948, and are still being dispossessed, more slowly, and insidiously, today. And the genocide is also a slow one. When I wrote this, someone asked me what the definition of genocide was and how was it different from the sporadic fighting that has gone on between the parties for the past 60 years. I don't know exactly, but when was side is dying in disproportionate numbers, doesn't that seem like genocide? I once wondered how many Palestinians have been killed over the past 60 years, and when even the Angry One didn't know, I thought someone should chronicle it, and why not me? I think someday I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment