Monday, July 9, 2012

Reggae artist Barrington Levy Cancels Gig in Apartheid Israel

Jamaican reggae and dancehall artist Barrington Levy was scheduled to play in Israel August 28, and he has now cancelled his gig after receiving a letterexplaining the cultural boycott of Israel and urging him not to lend his name to promote Israel’s false image of democracy. The letter stated:
The Israeli government has an official twitter and uses its position to let the world know which artists lend their name to promote Israel’s false image.

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
    find this topic to be actually something
    that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    my web page; last reggae vid Sème - ganja

    ReplyDelete