Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rights group: Syrian forces kill 20 across country

AMMAN, July 29 (Reuters) - Syrian forces shot dead at least 20 civilians in attacks on pro-democracy demonstrations across the country on Friday, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.

"The security forces are continuing violent repression against peaceful demonstrations demanding freedom and the downfall of the regime, firing live ammunition at most protests all over Syria on Friday," the independent organisation said in a statement sent to Reuters.

Read more

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for not contributing anything lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as much as I would have like, r.s.
    Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's ok. You're there and in good shape I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to return from Egypt shortly after the toppling of Mubarak, although I felt more at home in Cairo than in any other city in the world. I felt a part of all these unknown people. I cannot help loving that brave city of millions more today than ever. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and in a way I could not do before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely said r.s. Look forward to learning from your obervations and teachings.

    Thinking of visiting Egypt by the way. Is it safe yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. anan
    The wise irqi mojo , the wise tgia . Are you going to give the honour to r.s  ? 
    It feels like the sixth century with the wise anan around , not to mention the wise Fleming. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. He made me feel like puking..

    ReplyDelete