Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hamas’ Record on Women, a Mixed Bag, Hanitizer

"When it comes to women rights, Hamas in Gaza continues to pass and enforce laws and regulations that are baffling to say the least. I have been watching their actions on women related matters and most of the time I am surprised by how much time to dedicate to making the life for women a bit more difficult. But then when I went to Gaza and saw how things are, I started to see Hamas’s record as a mixed bag. While the majority of Hamas figures see the home and family are the only place for a women. Many Hamas supporters also engage in polygamy (but her husband is a Shaheed). Granted there are things I see as a downside, some might seem them as an upside. For example, in their rallies, Hamas likes to enlist the help of women by promising them to get food stamps for showing up to their rallies. Here is a list of observations on Hamas’ record on women as the Hamas government continues to make waves."
Read more

1 comment:

  1. I love to read the comments. This one is funny:

    .5, though I would love to see that Hamas idea implemented everywhere. Maybe make the t-shirt optional, but the thought of a Speedo-free beach vacation in Lattakia or Aqaba would be really nice.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete